Remember these emergency Do’s and Don’ts if you ever have a water damage in your Sumner County home.
Taking proper action and following these steps until SERVPRO® of Sumner County can arrive will help to reduce damage and increase the chances of successful restoration.
Emergency Water Damage Tips:
- Shut off the water source if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Move any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other sensitive valuables to a dry place.
- Don’t enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Don’t use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water; this could cause electrical shock o damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceiling are sagging from retained water.
If you find yourself with water damage to your Sumner County home we are here to help. Call SERVPRO® of Sumner County!