Is Your Sumner County Home Equipped With An Emergency Kit?
Be prepared at your home or business with an Emergency Kit. Ready.gov suggests you have enough supplies to last for at least three days per family member.
Below are some suggested items to include in your kit:
- 3-day supply of non-perishable foods (per person)
- Water (one+ gallon per person per day)
- First-aid kit
- Prescription Medication
- Sleeping bag or blankets
- Fire extinguisher
- Hygiene products
- Extra batteries
- Cell phone charger
- Change or clothes (per person)
- Matches in waterproof container
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Whistle to signal for help
- Pet supplies
- Infant formula and diapers
- Important documents such as insurance policies, ID’s and bank records in a plastic container
You can also keep a condensed emergency kit in your vehicle as well. For a more extensive list, check out Ready.gov.