Sump Pump Maintenance
Do you have a sump pump in your Sumner County home? Many homeowners keep sump pumps in their basements and crawlspaces. Did you know that sump pumps need to be maintenance regularly to ensure that they work properly? Below is a checklist for you to follow!
- Test the speed of the pump by pouring a bucket of water inside
- Remove dirt and debris (like mud and pebbles) in the sump pit to prevent clogging
- Ensure the float component can move freely
- Check drain lines for corrosion
- Go outside to make sure that water is being pumped away from the house
- Create a backup plan for power outages (like a battery or generator)
Don’t take your sump pump for granted and wait until your basement floods. If you do need assistance with a sump pump that has malfunctioned and flooded your home, call our office at 615-822-0200.