Understanding Water Types-Damage From Clean Water
When you home or business suffers a water damage, understanding what type of water you are dealing with is critical to ensuring proper clean up.
Consider taking the following precautions to help minimize damage or prevent further damage while waiting for SERVPRO® of Sumner County to arrive.
Damage from Clean Water
- Shut off water source if possible or contact a qualified professional to do so.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building if access to the power distribution panel is sage from potential electric shock. Do not enter rooms with standing water, as electrical shock hazards may exist.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting. Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions to allow more even drying.
- Move any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other valuable items that may be sensitive to moisture to a safe place.
- Do not leave books, newspapers, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors as they may cause staining.
- Do not use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water as there is potential for electric shock or causing damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet; do not enter rooms where ceiling is sagging from retained water.
When you have a water damage, don’t leave your property to chance. Call SERVPRO® of Sumner County at 615-822-0200.