Understanding Water Types-Damage From Contaminated Water
When you home or business suffers a water damage, understanding what type of water you are dealing with is critical to ensuring proper clean up.
Consider taking the following precautions to help minimize damage or prevent further damage while waiting for SERVPRO® of Sumner County to arrive.
Damage from Contaminated Water
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage. Wash your hands thoroughly if you come in contact with contaminated items.
- Do not walk through contaminated areas, as you could spread damage to unaffected areas.
- Do not turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
- Do not use household fans to dry the structure; air flow could spread contaminates.
- Discard any food and/or products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to the contaminated areas.
When you have a water damage, don’t leave your property to chance. Call SERVPRO® of Sumner County call 615-822-0200.
Are You Ready To Sell More Houses in Sumner County?
It is a fact:
A clean, fresh smelling home sells faster. Unfortunately, not all home are maintained in the same way. Nearly all realtors are faced, at some point, with a difficult listing to show.
Veteran realtors encourage their clients to keep their home in top condition for very important reasons:
- Increased market value
- Reduced list to sale conversion times
- Enhanced reputation for quality listings and quick sales
SERVPRO® of Sumner County offers a variety of services to help revive your listings to top show condition:
- Carpet, Upholstery, Drapery and Blind Cleaning
- Ceiling, Wall and Hard Floor Cleaning
- Duct and HVAC Cleaning
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
If you are currently working with clients in the Sumner County area and are in need of services, call our office today at 615-822-0200.
Is Your Sumner County Home Prepared With An Emergency Kit?
If disaster strikes will you be ready?
It is important to prepare before a disaster occurs; one way to do that is by building a basic emergency kit. The following items are recommended for your Sumner County home emergency kit.
- Water, one gallon per person per day
- Food, 3-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Manual can opener
- Battery operated radio, preferably an NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert and extra batteries
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First Aid Kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Clothing, 3-day supply per person
- Dust masks or bandannas
- Plastic sheeting, garbage bags and duct tape
Don’t be ill prepared if disaster strikes at your Sumner County home. Collect the above items and have your emergency kit ready in the instance that you need to use it. If you find yourself with damage from storms call SERVPRO® of Sumner County we are here to help.
Remember these emergency Do’s and Don’ts if you ever have a water damage in your Sumner County home.
Taking proper action and following these steps until SERVPRO® of Sumner County can arrive will help to reduce damage and increase the chances of successful restoration.
Emergency Water Damage Tips:
- Shut off the water source if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Move any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other sensitive valuables to a dry place.
- Don’t enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Don’t use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water; this could cause electrical shock o damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceiling are sagging from retained water.
If you find yourself with water damage to your Sumner County home we are here to help. Call SERVPRO® of Sumner County!
The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile® Advantage
SERVPRO® Ready Plan Mobile App available on any smart phone or tablet.
The best way to reduce business interruption following a disaster is to plan for it NOW.
Preparation is a key component for making it through any size disaster, whether it’s a small water leak, a large fire or an area flood. The best time for planning for such events is not when the event happens, but well before it happens. No one ever plans on a disaster, but you can for it. Now is the time to ask yourself, “Are you ready for whatever happens?”
- A no cost assessment of your facility.
This means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost.
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency,
It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects, but it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having and immediate plan of action.
- Establishes SERVPRO® of Sumner County as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
You have a provider that is recognized as an industry leader and is close by.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
This saves time so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save your time and money.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information.
Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are “Ready for whatever happens.”
Call our office to schedule your free facility assessment today at 615-822-0200.
SERVPRO® of Sumner County – The Risks of Standing Water
Any standing water in Sumner County can be a powerful source of diseases.
Even a small puddle can pose a risk. Floods are worse because there is so much more water.
Sewage, dead animals, and rotted plants can be in flood water. If the flood water is indoors, there might be rotted food.
Virus and bacteria can cause diarrhea or vomiting. There are many different problems that standing flood water can pose against your well being and most are all exceedingly unpleasant.
To reduce your chances of catching something, SERVPRO® of Sumner County says:
- Wash your hands after contact with the flood waters.
- Wash dirty clothes and towels in hot water. Use bleach if possible.
- Use bleach or other disinfectant on hard surfaces.
- Remember that you can shake hands with an infected person and get infected. That means you need to wash your hands before you eat.
- Do not allow children to play in the flood water.
- Wash children’s hands before meals.
- Disinfect toys before letting children play with them.
According to the CDC cuts and rashes can become infected, protect yourself and others in Sumner County:
- Avoid flood waters if you have an open rash or a cut.
- Clean cuts or rashes. Cover them with a waterproof bandage.
- Clean cuts with soap and clean water.
- If a cut becomes red, swollen, or is oozing, get medical attention.
SERVPRO® of Sumner County - Office Staff
Here at SERVPRO® of Sumner County we take pride in helping our customers through a trying time in their lives. From the moment that you call our office to report your damage and schedule services you will be greeted by one of our friendly office staff. Andrea, Becca and Wendy will walk you through the process and obtain information regarding your claim and damage so that we can assist you accordingly. Andrea or Becca will be assigned your file to ensure that all documentation and information is entered correctly and to standard for yourself and your insurance provider.
We want to make the claims process as seamless for our customers as possible. You will feel well taken care of from start to finish when you choose SERVPRO® of Sumner County to help with your damage. Call our office today at 615-822-0200, to speak with one of our amazing office staff.
SERVPRO® of Sumner County - The Begininng
Bob and Lori Pospisil began their SERVPRO® franchise journey in 1996 from the comfort of their own home. Bob worked for SERVPRO® Corporate and decided that he wanted to own his own franchise, which began with the purchase of SERVPRO® of Cheatham, Robertson and Dickson County. Through the years they have nurtured the business into what it is today. Since they began in their home, they have purchased another franchise, which was sold in March of 2017 when they purchased SERVPRO® of Sumner County, they have begun the process of selling the franchises to their daughter (Heather Sullins) and her husband (Cody Sullins) along with his twin brother (Cory Sullins), built another building at their current location to provide room for more growth, which they quickly out grew and are in the process of building a new location in the Sumner County area. Although there have been ever evolving changes within the company allowing growth and new opportunities for the Pospisil’s and Sullins, they hold tight to their commitment to continue to serve all of the communities and provide the best service in their areas.
SERVPRO® of Sumner County - Repairs
Did you know that when you have a damage in your Sumner County home, mitigation and repairs are two separate estimates and divisions? Did you know that you have a choice in the contractor that you choose to hire? Did you know that not all mitigation companies and/or franchise locations have a repairs division? These are all great questions to ask when choosing your service provider.
Per insurance standards all mitigation and repairs are treated as separate portions of the claims process. Once the materials are dry from water or cleaned and prepped after a fire the repairs process can begin. Although all Sumner County homeowners have an option to choose the contractor of their choice for the repairs portion of the claim, we find that many residents and business owners like the ease of once company completing both services.
SERVPRO® of Sumner County has a remarkable repairs division that can complete the repairs process for you. We hold a contractor’s license in the state of Tennessee and have awesome staff that are here to answer any questions that you may have throughout the process. Call our office today at 615-822-0200 for more information regarding our construction division.
SERVPRO® of Sumner County - Continuing Education
SERVPRO® of Sumner County is proud to offer continuing education courses to insurance agents and adjusters at no charge to them. We offer at least 4 courses per year to help fulfil your accreditations. Our courses are held within our franchises territories at convenient central locations such as our White House office location, SERVPRO® Industry Headquarters and local libraries. All of our courses are scheduled through our corporate office and therefore are listed on their website with all of the course offerings available through SERVPRO® franchises. One of our co-owners, Cory Sullins is certified to teach the courses and will lead instruction for most of them, however we have also partnered with other instructors through our corporate office to teach as well.
If you are interested in our course schedule for the year, please call our office at 615-822-0200 to reserve your spot within the class.